I haven't posted anything for a while because I haven't really taken any pictures and then I realized that I don't need pictures to say things that are on my mind. I just need to make sure and use a thousand words:-)
So I've been getting in a political mindset lately because of a combination of things. First, the primaries are well on their way and my favorite candidate has decided to sacrifice for the party which means that I will have to vote for someone who I despise but who has more in common with my ideology than Obama or that woman. Also, last week I was able to go to a Moot Court competition which was judged by the one and only Chief Justice Roberts and it reminded me of my debate days and how much more intellectual I was then.
Finally, Cory has been getting me the West Wing seasons to watch and although I disagree with a lot the liberalism that permeates every aspect of that show (example- when passing a bill that requires a pregnant woman to listen to adoption options when considering abortion, the press secretary states that women shouldn't have to be lectured at when having an abortion because it interfers with their rights, blah, blah, blah), it is really fun to listen to the debate on issues. Except... that it reminds me why I avoid politics now. I don't really like the anger that wells up inside of me when people misrepresent issues, claim that all religious people are intolerant, or use the bill of rights to justify just about anything. So I'd better not write about politics too often because I do not like who I become when I get frustrated...I need to work on that:-)
5 years ago
4 comments:
I think if you really looked at Obama's issues you would realize that they were far closer to your own than McCain's.
let me guess. Liz left that last post...LOL!!
No, it was me. I don't know who Liz is.
i am all for Hillary right now...so I wouldnt make any comment about Obama. I just like education and so that is why I like Hillary. But West Wing is not TOO liberal...I LOVE it and we will have to talk about it in depth. The same writer of West Wing wrote a really good sports show a couple of years back called Sports Nights - you guys would like it I am sure.
Post a Comment