In honor of our two year anniversary of when we got engaged, I thought it would be a good idea to retell the story of how Cory proposed. We got engaged on February 10 even though yesterday I was under the impression that it was February 11 (aren't the boys supposed to forget dates:-)
It was a Friday night and Cory had an intramural basketball game at 10. About two minutes into the game, he called a timeout and the boys huddled together. I was sitting on the sideline talking with some girls from the ward. When I looked at the huddle, they broke apart and there was Cory on his knee with a ring box open in his hand. I stopped breathing as he came over to me, got down on his knee again, and asked me to marry him. I felt a bouquet of flowers get put into my hand and a camera flash (Cory had staged people to help out) and I just hugged him in complete surprise.
After a few seconds, Cory pulled away and asked what my answer was and I realized that I hadn't even said yes because of the surprise of it all. I said yes and we left the game to go call our families with the good news.
Now, leading up to this day, Cory had really done his homework. His main priority was to surprise me because I always think that I can figure things out before he can. He had gotten me out of the house with the help of my best friend and driven up to West Jordan to talk to my dad the week before. He had also taken my best friend ring shopping with him for advice. I didn't see the ring until he proposed and he chose a better ring than I could have ever imagined.
So, two years and one kid later, I am still so grateful that he decided to ask me to marry him:-)
3 comments:
I'm grateful that I did it, too!
That is so fun...I can't remember what the date was when Austin proposed, I just remember that it was October...hmmm...That is such a cute story, boys can be so creative, when they want to. Ausitn picked my ring too, and he did a much better job than I could have!!
I love that it was a surprise...mine was totally not a surprise at all. So is that picture from this 2 month anniversary of the engagement or the actual engagement.
Post a Comment