I really can't believe that two years ago I became a mom. It sure has flown by. Ethan has grown and changed so much. He had a great day yesterday. He got to play with balloons, his friends, and open presents from Grandma while she watched on Skype.
Now, I knew the cake situation needed to be different than last year...Ethan screamed and cried when he tried the cake. So this year, I wanted to rectify the situation. I thought to myself, what would make Ethan like cake? Answer? Any type of sports ball. Result? A basketball and baseball cake. Here is the finished product and a timeline of the cake eating:


Ethan smiling for the camera

Trying to blow out the candles

I guess it looked pretty realistic- he is trying to pick it up:-)

Feeding Cory

Feeding himself- one finger in frosting- that's as messy as it got


Ethan took some big bites- once we gave him a fork

Can you tell which ball he likes best?

Great friends that came over for partially eaten cake
So I guess I should know by now that my son is not the personality that will ever dive into a cake and get really messy. That really is just fine with me:-) Happy birthday my little buddy!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm sorry we were not there to celebrate!! Good idea on the ball cake...you are such a good mom!!
Post a Comment