Here's a good story. On Tuesday, I just had put Ethan down for a nap and I started hearing helicopters flying pretty close. Rich people like to fly their helicopters and so I figured that was what was happening. Every time the helicopters would come close, I would get annoyed because they were so stinkin loud. For all you mothers, you know what it's like when you put your kid to bed and you become the noise nazi because if they wake up, there goes the rest of the day...
Anyway, I finally looked out the window and this is what I saw:

The hill next to our apartments was on fire!!! I freaked out a little bit and called Cory who was at school. He sounded worried because he had already heard about it and decided to come back home to help get stuff ready in case we needed to evacuate. I got into emergency mode and started grabbing our important files, stuff for Ethan, and other essentials. I kept looking out the window and the fire had escalated into this:

It looked like a bomb had just gone off with the huge black mushroom cloud of smoke. Then I could see the line of flames as the smoke lifted a little:

Gratefully, there were at least 6-7 helicopters that kept coming to drop water.

They were saving my life and all I could think about was how they were going to wake up my son.
We did end up leaving for a few hours just to get away from the smoke. I am glad our place didn't burn down, but it sure makes me think even harder about having emergency stuff on hand and ready...
1 comment:
Those pictures are crazy! I can't believe how super close that fire is.
Post a Comment