We had a great Halloween. We went to a friend's house for dinner and then went to about 10 houses before the kids were done. They ate three pieces of candy that night and when they had woken up the next morning, they didn't mention the candy at all. Score...so I didn't have to deal with sugar highs all weekend;-)
I also wanted to update Lincoln's status. He is only 5th percentile for his weight and even though I am not worried, I have been trying to feed him solids for months now. At first, he was not interested AT ALL. I kept trying, but he was not a fan of the spoon, a bottle, or a sippy cup. At his 8 month appointment, the doctor told me that some kids skip baby food altogether and that I should start giving him finger foods. Well, the next day I started with some single grain puffs and Lincoln did great with them. Over the last few weeks, he has really started to eat food and it has been kind of exciting. He loves whole wheat toast, waffles, snap peas, and oat cereal. He has even started eating a little from a spoon. Finally success!
Halloween night
Eating with a spoon or just eating the spoon?
Trying hard
So proud of himself





2 comments:
My kids never did love to eat baby food. It wasn't until we hit finger foods that they really started to eat other things. He looks so happy and cute. My kids never forget there candy. I was all gone after 3 days and then we had withdrawals. I am so glad it is all gone.
Magnolia is the same way - she hates the baby food. Which has been nice - and cheap :) Love to see your blog and catch up on your life!
Post a Comment