Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vacation and a blessing

We just got back from a long trip to good ole Utah.  It was fun seeing family and new babies.  We blessed Lincoln in St. George on May 6th.  My parents drove down to be there and almost all of Cory's family was there.  Then Cory flew back home to California and I took the kids up to Salt Lake.

Now, even though we had a great time, there was a major drawback- I had to have emergency surgery.  I woke up on Mother's Day with a lot of pain in my stomach and chest.  I tried to ignore it, but after 8 hours of constant pain, I had my dad drive me to the emergency room.  A gall stone was stuck in my duct and both my liver and pancreas were dangerously inflamed.  Funny enough though, that wasn't my main source of stress- it was knowing that my 3 month old who had never taken a bottle, was going to need to drink formula for at least the next few days.  I stayed in the hospital for 3 days and nights and they took my gallbladder out (at least I got to be completely out during the procedure, as opposed to childbirth:-)  Lincoln was such a trooper and took the bottle just fine.  A few days after I got home, he started nursing again like nothing had ever happened.  I know of so many moms who have had this surgery and I think I might try to start a gallbladder mom's club...

I was so thankful for my family and their support.  My mom stayed with Lincoln at night and fed him bottles, my dad put my kids to bed at night, my sisters came and helped during the day...I really couldn't have asked for a better support system.  I am grateful it is over and done and I can just recover (I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10lbs...yeah right, but I'm doing my best).

Here are a bunch of pictures again in no particular order:


Classic picture of the kids playing baseball at the park by our house

Cousins- Joseph, Lincoln, and Conner
 On his blessing day with Grandma Florence
 With Daddy and Grandpas
With Mommy, Grandmas, and Great-Grandma
 Random pic of Annalisa being a pirate in her jammies
 Lincoln at church on his blessing day
 At an indoor play place
 Same place
 Lincoln watching his first braves game with Daddy
 Looks like his cousin Lewis- lots of Webster in him
Just cute
 Weeding for Mormon Helping Hands- probably the only gardening my kids will get in a while...
 Serving with Daddy
 Humongous beet being held by a Beetdigger (Cory's high school mascot)
 Such a smiley boy
 Eating breakfast every morning with Grandpa Porter
 Being held by cousin Melayna
 As Ethan would say, "the pirate baby"
 Pirate brothers
Playing at Art Zone in West L.A. yesterday

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Aw, my sweet next-door-neighbor is in the church photo. :) Sorry to hear about your emergency surgery; lucky you to have so many willing helping hands though!

Stephanie Marcum said...

Cute photos. Lincoln is so cute. I think you have three smiley kids.

Camille said...

What a scary time for a mommy with a new baby! I bet you were glad to be with family when it happened. And I am so glad he took back to nursing. Sounds like a bunch of blessings all around! Your kids are all so beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

So scary to have to do surgery! I'm super impressed by you going back to nursing!

Stephanie Marcum said...

Wow, you have a bunch of pirate kids. They are so cute.
Alison