Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lincoln Arthur Webster

He's finally here! Born on Feb. 17, he weighed 9lbs 3oz and 21 inches. We named him Lincoln because not only is he a great president, but I am related to him on my mom's side. He came a little early, which I didn't anticipate. Here's a brief rundown of the story:

So Thursday night I went to a baby shower for someone in my church ward. I was joking around about having the baby sometime next week. However, I had been having small contractions all evening, but nothing major. I went to pick up my parents from the airport at 8:30. When we got home, I also joked with them about how now that they were here, I guess the baby could come any time.

I started having harder and more regular contractions at about 11 that night and didn't sleep at all. I knew then that it was real labor and I wanted to make it to the morning so that Cory and my parents could get a good night's rest. So picture this- I'm freaking out a little because I know I will have to leave my parents with the kids even though they know nothing about their schedules. So in the bathroom by the light of my Kindle Fire, I start writing down their daily schedule and info about the apartment building, etc. pausing every five-ten minutes to breathe through a contraction. I make it until about 4 and wake Cory up to go to the hospital.

Once we get there, I find out I am dilated to a 3 and decide to get an epidural so that I can rest. Then Cory and I enjoy our morning together and I start pushing just before noon. I tried all pregnancy to visualize an easy delivery because my past two have been miserable. But alas, it looks like I am doomed to it:-) He was completely posterior, stuck under my bone, large head, and a big baby. After a half hour of pushing and no progress, they have to use a vacuum to get him out and it still takes lots of effort. Am I glad that is over!

Since his birth, we have been able to do some fun things together and I am so grateful that my parents were here. It was fun to have my dad here (Arthur Jay Porter, where we got Lincoln's middle name). Ethan and Annalisa enjoyed spending time with their grandparents. Enough chatter- here's some pictures:


Most recent picture-he looks so much like Ethan
With daddy at the hospital

Red hair

First picture

First bath- I love his chubbiness (now that I'm done pushing him out:)

My two cute kids

Annalisa with her braid crown, thanks to Grandma

We squeezed in a bday celebration for Cory on Monday

His ears have to be taped for the first few days because they got squashed during delivery

At the pier while I was in the hospital











I can't believe I have three kids!!!

14 comments:

M said...

Congratulations Lisa! I can't believe you have three kids either! And they are all adorable! I am so happy for you and your cute family!
-Mindy Guymon

Jennifer Rose said...

Congrats on another beautiful baby! Glad you survived the labor :( Good luck these next few months adjusting to three! You are a beautiful family. Tell Cory hi from us.

Audrey Crisp said...

Congrats!! He is so cute! Sorry you had a tough delivery! We had to vacuum out Weston too! At least you avoided a c section! Good luck with recovery!

Chris said...

I love how chubby he is--so adorable. You look great too.

Megan said...

Oops, the prior comment is from me.

eLLe said...

Love all your pics. Such a darling cherubic baby! BTW, David is related to Abraham Lincoln, too! Congrats to all of you!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Congratulations! He is darling! I couldn't believe it when they announced his birth on Sunday -- I though "wait, I JUST saw her Thursday night!" You are amazing. :)

Sarah said...

HE is so cute!! I love the name too :) You are amazing, I don't know how you do it all. Can't wait to meet him. :) If you need anything just CALL! :)

Elizabeth said...

Holy cow - you guys are out numbered :) JK - Congrats! Such a cute little kid - and your other kids are so grown up! Wow! I have not seen you forever :)

Camille said...

What a beautiful little guy! All of your kids are adorable! Congratulations!

Leslie Lewis said...

Lisa!! He is so adorable and you're right--looks just like Ethan! You all look so great and we're so happy for you. Miss you!

Merrells said...

Very exciting! Glad he's here and you're both doing well.

LiNds said...

Woohoo!!! What glorious news to hear that everything went well overall and that your adorable Lincoln is here! Congrats!! You guys all look so happy and great.

alfburg03 said...

Great job woman! What a cute baby. How are you doing? Hope you are recovering well. Can't imagine doing it with two other kids running around. Congrats!