Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ode to a dumpster

One great thing about living in an apartment complex- the free stuff that people leave by the dumpster! Check out my latest finds:
A kid bookcase- this was actually in bad shape, so I had to sand it down really well and then paint it white. Practically new bookcase for only $12 for paint! As you can tell, Ethan was really excited about it:-)
A grill in great condition- just needed a cleaning and propane refill for $13.
I just love getting free stuff...

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, I need your dumpsters at my house! Good job salvaging!

Unknown said...

the Burggraafs benefited from the dumpsters too....they got a brand new couch out of it! We set a surround sound stereo by the dumpster once (in working condition) and it was gone lickity split!

Elizabeth said...

havnt people heard of craigslist? let us know if you find a small dresser or coffee table in the dumpster :)

Unknown said...

Wouldn't it be funny if someone came back and said "hey, what happened to my grill?"