We have been really busy here in Utah with Cory doing his internship and me substituting for a first grade teacher for the past month. I have decided that high school is definitely the correct career choice for me; not that the first graders weren't adorable and actually wanted to please me, but because of all the drama of not being able to help pass out papers or borrow a friend's crayon. I'm guess I'm just not nurturing enough to not tell them to tough it up and move on with life:-)
We do have some good news to share. Cory had a phone interview last week with one of his professors who offered him a job as a teaching assistant next year! We are pretty excited not only because it will be a great opportunity, but because we will have at least a little bit of income.
One last thing- one of my favorite things about 1st grade is that I didn't have to take away any cell phones; I think Ethan thought I missed that:-)
3 comments:
congrats on the TA position. money is always good! I am glad Sarah and I came down to the OC for the summer but now we have to figure out what she is going to do when we get back up to Calabasas! Hopefully we can find her another job ;)
The gang misses having you around - can't wait till you come back!
Congrats! That was Austin that left the first message by the way..:) That is really exciting about Cory's job! We can't wait to get back to Calabasas and hang out, we miss you guys! :)
Now cory wont have to steal my study carrel - he can have his very own :) What professor is he TAing for? I might go to Stadium of Fire so maybe I will see you guys??? I am up in Utah for the Provo Balloon Meet but Matt is in Idaho b/c he works way too much! Maybe we will be able to see each other if only I didnt have the evil bar to study for :( Sorry this comment turned into email proportions
Post a Comment