I have been doing my best to make our house feel like a home (while still on a budget) and I am happy to report that I have come up with a few solutions. I have been covering shoe boxes with fabric (thanks Pinterest) and I even made a window valance with cardboard and duct tape. It feels good to know that I can make a craft without having fancy glues or even a sewing machine;-) Here are a few more pictures of our April:
We have a couple of baby bunnies that like to come to our porch in the morning. The kids call them our pets. With these and the dog next door that Ethan takes on walks, we can now have the best of both worlds- no messy pet to take care of, but we can enjoy them all the same;-)
Riding bikes one sunny day
Annalisa was dancing and pretending to be Rapunzel with bare feet
Laying in the grass- love this girl!
Ethan playing catcher in one of his games
The trees are blooming here (beautiful, but allergy inducing).
Trying to get a kid to do a pensive shot is pretty tricky. She looks cute regardless.
Woo hoo! I actually made something!
Faux canvases
Cory and I also celebrated our 7 year anniversary that was yesterday. A few weeks ago, we stayed a night in a beach front hotel and it was so fun to walk along the beach and eat dinner on the wharf. Every couple needs to get away like that regularly. It's funny, because sometimes seven years seems like a long time and sometimes I can remember our wedding like it was yesterday. I was looking at some of our emails that we sent back and forth when we were dating and its amazing how witty we were. Just trying so hard to impress each other...but obviously it worked;-) I am so grateful for such an amazing husband that compliments me in every way and who I can rely on. What an amazing gift!










1 comment:
I love the valance and canvas what a good idea
Post a Comment