To put it succinctly, I feel like our family life has taken a turn for the better. Although we miss our friends up in L.A., I feel the stress of our prior living situation melt more and more each day. I don't think I realized the toll that my job was taking on my family, simply because I wasn't available for them. I LOVE being able to return to full time motherhood. I'm actually cooking meals again, planning fun activities, and I don't have to be tied to my phone 24/7. It is truly very liberating (and challenging too).
Our new home is wonderful and Ethan is really getting into the swing of a new school and new friends. Our church has been amazing at welcoming us and I can tell that I will have lots of people to look up to. Cory is also settling into his new job and learning new things. His job is not stressful (yet) and so he has been able to spend some fun time with the kids playing, going on walks, and watching 3-D Finding Nemo at the local dollar theater (yes, you heard me correctly, SOOO excited). I am beginning to get my vision back of what our young family should be. My kids are only little for a few years and I don't want to raise them without creating fun memories or spending lots of time together. That said, here are some pictures of new places.
On our way to school one morning, there were hundreds of seagulls
I had Annalisa run right in the middle of them (brave girl)
She is getting so old...
Lincoln is starting to figure out my phone and took a picture of himself. Notice the teeth- he now has five!
First time swimming in California
Beautiful evening walk
At the lake near our house
Another lake pic
Having fun on some rocks
Father and son
I love that I can walk Ethan to school every day.





5 comments:
My friend Ali lives in Irvine and by a lake that looks just like these pictures. And her husband is a lawyer. Is she in your ward, last name Hallstrom?!
I am so glad that you guys are doing well. That is great that you feel less stressed already, and that is awesome that you can walk Ethan to school. We move in less than a week and I hope our transition is as good as yours!
I'm not sure I can look at your blog anymore. I'm so jealous! Glad you guys are settling in and are feeling less stressed! Next time I'm in Orange County, I'll have to come by and see you guys!
BTW I know Ali Hallstrom. I grew up with her husband. She's really fun :)
We're gonna miss you guys! So glad that you don't have the managing job anymore though...such a relief, huh!?
Post a Comment